Krisetya Tech- How to move WhatsApp to a new mobile phone can be done in several ways. The first is the transfer if it is done on a mobile phone that is both Android or iPhone. The second is the transfer between devices with different operating systems.
Whether the use of the first method or the second method must be carefully considered. Because if not, the process of performing backups to restore will not run smoothly. As a result, the application can no longer be used.
To find out how to move WhatsApp to a new mobile phone, you can do the following steps. So you can make the backup process to restore easily. So when using a new mobile phone, the content of WhatsApp is not empty.
How to move WhatsApp to a new mobile phone
1. Backup Chat
The way to log in to WhatsApp to another mobile phone is to do the backup process for chat in WhatsApp. In fact, this method can be done automatically even when using the WA application.
But it never hurts to know in advance how to make backups manually or automatically.
If you are using an Android phone, follow the steps below:
- Enter the WhatsApp application first.
- Go to Settings or Preferences.
- Enter the Chats menu.
- Select Chat Backup located at the bottom.
- Press the Back Up button.
- Wait for the backup process to complete.
When using WhatsApp on Android, the backup process will usually be performed on Android Google Drive. So be sure to choose the right account.
In the meantime, if you use an iPhone, you can use the following methods:
- Go to Settings – Apple ID – iCloud. This is done to enable retrieval on iCloud.
- Find WhatsApp and activate it
- Return to Settings – WhatsApp.
- Select Chat Backup.
- Touch Backup Now.
This backup process can also be done automatically if you need it. So if wi-fi is available, the backup process will run automatically.
2. Backup Media
In fact, making a media backup has been done automatically. Different types of photos or photos in chats, whether on Android or iPhone, are automatically stored in the cloud.
However, there is one type of media that is not stored automatically, namely videos. The way to have a very large size is usually that the video is saved if you need it. But it can still be backed up automatically.
Either on iPhone or Android you go into the same settings and at the bottom of the Back Up button you can enable the panel to include videos. So when there is media in the form of videos of any type, the best will appear automatically.
3. Back up contacts
Contact backup is also very important to find out if later messages that appear can match or just in the form of numbers. This method is actually not directly on WhatsApp, but you can do it with the phone settings.
If you’re using an Android phone, follow the steps below to back up your contacts.
- Get in touch first.
- Tap the three dots at the top.
- Select Exported or Imported.
- Because it will back up, then select Exported.
- Then the file will be automatically uploaded to Google Drive.
4. Restore Android to Android
After performing the backup process, whether it is using Android or iPhone, the next step is to do the recovery process. Follow these steps to do so.
- First log in to the mobile phone that uses WhatsApp.
- Perform the login process as usual by entering the number used with the verification code.
- If it detects data that has been backed up, it will be an option to perform the recovery process.
- Press the button to recover and wait for the process to run.
- Fast or slow usually depends on the amount of data to be returned.
- When done, all messages and data including photos and videos will be embedded in the new WhatsApp.
5. Restore between devices
To restore chats on Android phones to iPhones because it is a new device. Follow some of the methods or steps below.
- First, make sure you do the backup process.
- Download the iTransor application using a computer.
- Complete the installation process.
- Connect your computer to two Android phones and an iPhone.
- First open the application and then tap Transfer WhatsApp between devices.
- Press Transfer and wait until the whole process is finished.
Things to be aware of
Before completing the transfer process or several things that need to be considered.
- Be sure to always perform the backup process first manually or automatically.
- Try performing the contact transfer process first so that not only numbers are displayed on the new mobile phone.
- Avoid using any kind of WhatsApp modification applications and then perform the backup process.
- Sometimes the process of moving backups from Android to iPhone can not go smoothly.
- It is more advisable to move chat data between devices, especially Android to Android.
How to move WhatsApp to a new mobile phone is done in several ways that have been discussed above. The point is, you can do the backup process first, either in chat or in contacts. After that, you can do the recovery process.